Monday, December 22, 2008

Death and Life

Death and life are in the power of the tongue. The words we speak to ourselves will result in how we feel and ultimately how we act. I have learned to quiet the chatter in my head that told me I was horrible, bad, disgusting with the words of the bible that tell me just the opposite. Created in His image, for His purpose, I can rise above the shame, defeat and fears.

Today is the first day of Hannukah, the Festival of Lights. This holiday reminds me that He is the Light of the world and the Light shines in darkness and the darkness cannot comprehend it.
That Light now lives in my heart and enables me to see myself and the world so differently then I have in the past. That Light dispells all those things that tore at my soul and prevented me from living live to it's best. That Light is Yeshua, the Prince of Peace. I live with tremendous gratitude for His presence in me!!!

2 comments:

Tali Doe said...

I was so deeply touched by the words written in this blog. The deep pain and sadness overcome by faith and a strength for survival is a lesson to all mankind. Sarah reaches out to us and touches our soul and shows us the way to heal and to love again especially for those of us who feel we are drowning..she actually saves us with her knowledge and depth of living. Thank you Sarah for all that you have taught me here. Everyone should read your forthcoming book and I am definitely in line for one. Arlene BZ

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Thanks Arlene, I am touched by what you wrote.