Monday, July 17, 2017

Change and Growth.


"Life is in motion.  In growth. In change. Life is in seeking and in finding. Life is in redemption. Each moment is a new birth. A new chance to come back, to get it right. A new chance to make it better." Yasmin Mogahed. 



Here I go again. Actually it's, here I grow again. Growth. Change. I don't like changes but to live free, I need to move on and accept life changes.

It's been a few years since I've blogged here. Time helped heal so much of the angst. Now, I'm at a crossroads. Kids are almost grown. My oldest is branching out on her own. My youngest almost done high school. It's time for me to find a new path, another way of being in the world. 

My life revolved around being mom, living for my kids, centering my life around theirs. I loved every moment of it. But now it's time to take another direction - one that's unfamiliar to me - I need to focus on me - do what I love - find a new passion all over again.  

The whole thing is scary because I don't know what's down the road but.....He's done incredible things in my life - I know He's already got the next journey planned out. So no fear. 

Someone once told me faith is the opposite of fear. The two are like a positive and negative magnet. They repel each other. You can only walk in one or the other. I choose faith.

 

3 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I completely relate to the way you are feeling.

Ginny Hartzler said...

God has GOT this, and I know he will be leading you just where he wants you to go in your new stage of life. But still, it is hard to accept certain changes, and there is always uncertainty.

annell4 said...

You have traveled far, and" miles to go before you rest." ( Thanks to Robert Frost.) Faith will carry you through.