Friday, March 6, 2009

The Secret of Redemption

"In remembrance is the secret of redemption." Jewish Saying

It's so hard to reflect back to the pain of what happened, but there is also healing in looking at those things that shaped us and made us who we are today. In writing my story, "In the Eye of Deception," there were times I felt like it was happening all over again. The memory clips screamed at me, the sounds, the intense feelings, and even the shame and fear hit me so hard that I thought I would become consumed in them. Yet, as I wrote, God took the healing to a whole new level. He led some wonderful people into my life who I was able to share the pain with, and who could handle my inability to talk during those times the memories overwhelmed me. They offered support and friendship on such a deep level that I still marvel how awesome God is in giving us what we need. My faith is my anchor. It is my strength to move forward. It gives me the courage to look head on what happened and not turn away. It is my hope and prayer that I can use all that I lived through to touch someone else on their journey to healing and recovery. There is something else in remembrance - deep gratitude. My heart swells with thankfulness to a God who reached through the layers of pain and drew me out of deep darkness into His marvelous light.

5 comments:

JulieG said...

Blessings to you Sarah, my friend!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

thanks Julie, His touch is a healing balm.

Shalin Nijel said...

I like it...:)

Nikki (Sarah) said...

God richly bless you Shalin.

Shalin Nijel said...

Hi sarah...can you take a look at my blogs as well and give me your comments...:)...i'm very new to this...