Monday, November 21, 2011

Enjoy the Journey


"Live as though life was created for you" Maya Angelou

It's always been hard for me to simply enjoy life. Although I'm happy for each day now.....letting go and living it to the fullest is something I need to consciously do.  I have to pump myself with thoughts that all I have is today.....that this is it....the time I've been given....to do as I want....how I want.....

But sometimes I'm not sure what that means or how to do that...I've been so used to focusing on getting through stuff....living with passion and purpose than simply kicking back and relaxing and enjoying the journey. It  doesn't come easy to me. I got to work at it. Really think about it. Make an conscious effort to put it into practice.

I do want to face life different......not with so much passion and fight.....but with more enjoyment. But how do you let go of the drive inside....the compulsion to attain some goal....or purpose....or plan. How do you quiet the urge....the pull...the push to get that thing done or accomplished. I drive myself crazy....living and breathing that one goal....that one purpose. I focus my whole being on that one thing.....until I manage to reach it. I let it take up way too much room in my head.

It's different when I'm out in the woods....in His creation....feeling the peace of nature. But I can't always be out there.
Life is a journey to be enjoyed. Lately I've been hearing that a lot......now to live it. 

17 comments:

Paula said...

darling girl,hear you. can be so exhausting. I try to live my life as it is the first one, not the last one. Trying to stay in the miracle, through the eye of an innocent child, through the eyes of Little Paula, not yet abused.
You are such an inspiration, its good to come by this morning and find a new post. I hope you are an inspiration to yourself too! Meet you in the woods. Paula

Chatty Crone said...

That is the hardest thing in the world for me to do. I KNOW HOW to live - it is a matter of doing and STAY doing it. We will get it - I know. sandie

tara said...

I know what you mean. Especially when your trying to stop living in the past. Its hard to get over the hardest things you been through in life. Like in my case but i know i am healing from that abuse. I know God has a purpose for all of us. We need to forgive. Io have forgiven my abusers but its still hard to get over what happened. Its not easy but we can do it. I am living for me now and to help others as well.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I just adore that Maya Angelou...she's so very wise.

No matter what, every once in a while those voices from the past come creepin' up. It's had I know.

God bless and you have a wonderfully blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving with your family.

BTW; Pop over if ya get a chance...

Giveaway...my place...ya'll come!!! :o)

Wanda's Wings said...

Thank you for sharing from your heart.

Syd said...

So true. I don't dwell much on the past. But occasionally I go back there just to check out the feelings. It is a place where I don't want to stay. Today is the best and I'll take it and hold onto what I can do this day to have peace.

A Plain Observer said...

you dont have to give up one to enjoy the other. You can combine passion and tranquility; drive and peace. You'll enjoy your journey even more

Raine said...

it sounds like a simple thing to do but its not. It would totally change my life if I could simply enjoy it. I hope you succeed

A Mother Always said...

I'm trying to do things different and with more deliberation and getting through the past... .I have a way to go...
Reading your story helps me.

Of One Heart said...

You sound more human to me in this one post than you ever have. Honestly, Nikki, I think you are chugging along great! Keep at it. :)

Peggy said...

Finding joy in the simple things of life. God has been trying to teachi me to do this for a long time. I still have to remember to do that and I'm happier when I do. I hope you have much joy in this holiday season.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hey sweetie, I just wanted to thank ya for poppin' over with your sweet comment and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya'll enjoy the ride!!!

God bless you and have a beautiful week my friend!!!

betty-NZ said...

When I realized that the earth didn't fall off its axis after I put a few things off, I realized that it's ok to, occasionally, not be so efficient. I hope you learn, too.

Sheila Deeth said...

I like that advice Bettyl.

Joanne said...

YES! Sometimes it's hard not to look ahead rather than to enjoy right now.
Blessings, Joanne

Anonymous said...

You're brave, Nikki. I know that because you wrote about the hurt. It can't be easy to get past it, yet I pray that you'll have a peaceful and relaxing Christmas and Hannakuh celebration with your family.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hey darlin' I just wanted to see how your doin' and wish you a Merry Christmas.

If ya get a chance...I'm havin' a giveaway over at my place. I'll leave a light on for ya! Heeehehe