Friday, January 16, 2009

Comfort in Writing


"When I write I can shake off all my care." Anne Frank; diary entry April 4, 1944

I know the comfort of getting lost in writing. I escape to another world as I develop characters and stories beyond where I live. When I write, I am in control. I can create scenerios and endings that excite and inspire me.
I loose myself for hours when I write. Maybe because I never had my voice, never allowed to speak out the brutality of what was being done to me - writing is my voice. Writing gives me a platform to speak, to own my thoughts, to share my heart, to determine what I want, what I need, who I am.
I write for me. I write from my heart. I close my eyes and in my spirit, I see beyond the present and move past all the limitations and restrictions of my own life. When I write, I'm free.

Writing is a source of joy for me, like music in my soul, playing tunes that amazingly transports me to place of peace and contentment.

No comments: